Excessive blow-drying, ironing or curling may look nice, but it’s ultra-damaging to your hair. There are ways to achieve chic hair styles that will leave you confident and beautiful without the heat. Learn to create beach waves, a braided bun up-do and Farrah Fawcett’s signature voluminous hair in a few simple steps. See below!
No Heat Beach Waves
Want to look like you just stepped off of St. Tropez without the cost of the plane ticket? Now you can get beach waves with only three things- water, your hands, and small clips.
1) Start by separating your hair down the middle for a perfect part.
2) Take each part of hair, wet it, and twist it super tight.
3) Then, take the twisted piece of hair and bring it horizontally across the part, securing it to the opposite side of hair with your small clip.
4) Repeat this for the opposite side and leave on for about an hour.
5) After the time is up, unravel the twists and voila- beach waves without the mess of actually going to the beach.
The Farrah Fawcett
Everyone knows Farah Fawcett for her luxurious blonde curls. Most of the time, people use blow driers to gain the voluminous look that Farah made so iconic. Now, you can get the same beautiful curls without the heat.
1) First, wet your hair completely.
2) Then, towel dry your locks so they are still a little damp.
3) Next, section off your damp hair into twisted curls while pinning them all across your head.
4) Sleep the night away and release your tight curls the next morning.
5) Your hair will have dried into luscious curls that have body, shine, and luster.
Upside Down Bun Braid
Who says buns have to be boring? Now, you can add a fun braid into the mix in a few simple steps.
1) First, separate the lower layer of your hair from the top layer. This will help separate the bun from the braid.
2) Second, bend your head over and grab the lower layer of hair.
3) Begin to braid the hair upwards toward the top of your head. Secure the braid with a hair tie.
4) Then, take the upper layer of hair that was previously tied and join it with the braid.
5) Secure the bun with another hair tie and you’re good to go!