Applying an almond oil treatment to your hair can provide it with multiple benefits by nourishing it back to health. Almond oil is chock full of vitamins including Vitamin E, D, B1, B2 and B6. Together, these vitamins add moisture and conditioning qualities to the hair, while also encouraging the hair to grow healthier and stronger. Almond oil has also been known to assist with hair loss while imparting shine for a healthy finish.
Applying Almond Oil on Damp/Wet Hair
1. Wet or dampen your hair before applying the almond oil. Apply a small quantity of almond oil to your hand and place it as close to the roots and scalp as possible
2. Use your fingers to work the oil into your scalp, massaging it gently to encourage circulation. Blood circulation within the scalp is very important when it comes to healthy hair growth.
3. Comb your hair gently to distribute the almond oil throughout all parts of the hair.
4. Next, take your shower cap and make sure all of your hair is tucked inside. This will keep all of the moisture contained for maximum absorption of the almond oil.
5. If possible, leave the shower cap on overnight, if not a half an hour at the very least.
6. Wash your hair with a quality sulfate-free shampoo.
7. Be sure to rinse your hair thoroughly so your hair does not look very oily/greasy from the almond oil treatment
8. Carefully dry your hair with a towel to get any excess water out
9. Enjoy your silky hair and healthy scalp!
Applying Almond Oil to Dry Hair
While adding almond oil to damp or wet hair is a great hair treatment, you can also add it to dry hair to improve its manageability, shine and softness. This treatment is very good for those who have dry, brittle or thick hair.
1. Make sure your hair is completely dry.
2. Gently comb or brush your hair.
3. Pour a nickel sized dollop of almond oil into your hand. If you have thicker hair you may want to add a little bit more, or if your hair is very thin you may want to use a little bit less.
4. Rub your hands together and distribute the almond oil into your hair focusing more specifically on the middle to the ends of the hair. Applying too much almond oil near the roots may make the hair look greasy/oily.
5. Style your as desired.
6. If you feel that the ends of your hair are exceptionally dry, feel free to apply more almond oil for added moisture and shine.
NOTE: According to WebMD, if you find that essential oils are irritating on your skin you can try to dilute them to reduce the concentration.